Penny Arcade Expo 2006 is the upcoming convention to be held on August 25 to August 27. It features several gaming consoles, the Omegathon competition and several musicians. People who pre-registered before March 31 got a special deal.
Special Announcement Edit
On the very first day, it was announced by both Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik that they had teamed up with HotHead Studios to create their very first video game; Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.
|1||Super Smash Bros. Melee||4:00pm||9:00pm||Console Tournament|
|1||Omegathon III - Round 1||4:00pm||6:00pm||Tabletop|
|1||Warcraft III||7:00pm||11:00pm||PC Freeplay|
|1||Omegathon III - Round 2||7:30pm||9:00pm||Console Freeplay|
|1||Metroid Pinball||7:30pm||9:30pm||Wireless Lounge|
|2||Battlefield 2||10:00am||2:00pm||PC Tournament, PC Freeplay|
|2||Halo 2||10:30am||2:30pm||Console Tournament|
|2||Omegathon III - Round 3||12:30pm||2:30pm||PC Freeplay|
|2||Counterstrike Source||3:00pm||9:00pm||PC Tournament, PC Freeplay|
|2||Mario Kart: Double Dash!!||3:30pm||8:00pm||Console Tournaments|
|2||Omegathon III - Round 4||8:00pm||9:00pm||Big Theatre|
|2||TBD||9:30pm||2:00am||PC Tournament, PC Freeplay|
|3||Unreal Tournament 2004||9:30am||1:30pm||PC Tournament, PC Freeplay|
|3||Guitar Hero||10:00am||1:00pm||Console Tournament|
|3||Omegathon III - Round 5||11:30am||1:00pm||Wireless Lounge|
|3||Mario Kart DS||1:30pm||4:30pm||Wireless Lounge|
|3||Soul Calibur III||1:30pm||4:30pm||Console Tournament|
|3||TBD||2:00pm||6:30pm||PC Tournament, PC Freeplay|
|3||Omegathon III - Final Round||4:00pm||6:00pm||Big Theatre|
Omegathon III Edit
The twenty contestants to take place in this years Omegathon have been picked. There is a twist which has not been revealed yet that shall alter the way Omegathon shall be done. The prize this year is an Xbox 360 and a brand new 2006 Scion with extras installed.
The Games Edit
- Dice Land
- Geometry Wars
- Guitar Hero
- Mario Kart DS
- Quake II
- Tengen Tetris
- Red versus Blue: Burnie Burns, Gustavo Sorola, Geoff and others. They will take part in a questions and answers section while they show their previous and new pieces of work.
- Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins: Naturally.
- The Minibosses: No doubt the most popular of videogame bands, the Minibosses will be once again representing at PAX with their NES inspired riffs. They've had amazing performances in each of our shows and everyone can't wait for them to return.
- MC Frontalot: Really needing no introduction, MC Frontalot will be representing all the way from Massachusetts now. One of the biggest names in Nerdcore Rap, he'll always have a special place in the heart of PA fans being the author of the Penny Arcade Theme Song.
- Optimus Rhyme: Each and every year, Optimus Rhyme rocks out the PAX crowd with their crisp vocals and kickass beats. Local to Seattle, the Penny Arcade duo can see them whenever, but now they want to bring them to the masses.
- The Video Game Pianist: This kid has some crazy amount of skill. If you've seen him on the Internet with his blindfolded Mario shenanigans, and if you were at PAX 2005 you had the opportunity to see his performance live.
- The Neskimos: Again making the trek from Florida. Last year they blew away audiences with their closing performance on Friday night and rumored party hopping afterwards, so everyone is excited to have them back!
- NC Soft
- Roosterteeth Productions
- Creative Labs
- Flying Lab
- Prima Games
- The Behemoth
- Tablestar Games
- Garage Games
- Klei Entertainment
- Sweet Kitty
- Pink Godzilla
- Mythic Entertainment
- Privateer Press
- Paizo Publish